Friday, July 13, 2007

Grand Canyon

6-9-07

Upon departure from Zion I drove through Kaibab National Forest. The Forest had previously been devistated by a forest fire, and a huge logging operation was taking place to prevent trees from falling in the roads. The road through the forest took me into to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon.


I only had time to sit and enjoy for a minute before heading to find a campsite outside the Park, as it was peak season, and the weekend.


I drove back into Kaibab National Forest, where camping is open as long as you are a certain distance away from the road. After a speedy 35 miles on a dirt road, I arrived at a remote campsite that looked over the canyon. I made it just in time for sunset, but it was cloudy so pictures weren't well. This is a picture of the canyon from my campsite the next morning

After making a mental note to come back ASAP and backpack into the canyon, I was off to explore another canyon, Bryce.

No comments:

Post a Comment